At Wellington Rugby, we drive growth, competitiveness, effort and energy.
We are looking for a candidate that is driven and enthusiastic; with a good knowledge of Rugby and its structures. Non-negotiables are for the right candidate to be punctual, detailed, competitive and a team player.
The role starts in April, allowing for a buffer time during which the applicant will be expected to familiarise themselves with the key responsibilities for the campaign.
In return, Wellington Rugby will provide the opportunity to work alongside world class coaching staff, exposing the candidate to learnings which are possible only by fully participating in a high-end sports environment.
Due to Covid-19 we can only accept applicants from outside the country who satisfy the criteria for travelling to New Zealand outlined by Immigration NZ. For more information click on this link: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/border-closures-and-exceptions
To assist to the WRFU Academy and Lions coaching group and players by providing performance analysis support for previews, reviews, trainings and games.
April - November
Standard working hours will differ throughout the duration of the internship and vary based on the rugby calendar. However, the applicant may expect a minimum commitment of 10h per week in the Lions off-season and 20-25h per week in-season. This can be further discussed upon application. The nature of the job may require working extended hours, evenings and weekends.
- Assist staff and players in the use and understanding of performance analysis resources
- Film and code training/games
- Databasing and sharing footage
- M10 home games “End On” filming
- Post-game coding
- Packaging footage for previews
- Generally, assist the Head Analyst where required
- Good working knowledge operating Apple Mac, iOS and relevant software
- Ability to film high quality footage for performance analysis use
- Previous experience using Sportscode software is desirable, but not indispensable
Skills and Qualifications
- Has completed or is working towards a degree in Sport Science or related subject
- Excellent IT Skills (Word, Excel, Numbers, Powerpoint, Keynote)
- Good knowledge of Rugby and its structures
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Wednesday 3 March 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted.