Following the Government’s announcement that Wellington will enter COVID Level Two from 6pm this evening we provide the below updates on the impact to Rugby locally. These centre on the requirement of bubble sizes no more than 100 and the need to achieve social distancing.
As these situations are often fluid this advice is based on the latest information. Any changes in requirements will be shared immediately.
- These are still permitted to proceed if clubs can satisfy the NZR return to training requirements - https://www.nzrugby.co.nz/assets/New-Zealand-Rugby-COVID-19-Level-2-Return-to-Training-Guide_27-Feb-2021.pdf
- Training groups must not exceed the 100 person bubble limit
- Please ensure that all players bring their own water and that any shared equipment is regularly cleaned and sanitised
- It is our intention to play all grades of rugby this weekend but to achieve the required bubble sizes and social distancing its expected there will be a number of alterations, and some facilities unavailable. This may include matches being moved from Saturday to Friday night including the use of grass fields under lights for Junior rugby
- More information in this space will follow in the next 24-48 hours
- These are still permitted to be used if clubs can satisfy the NZR Changing Room requirements - https://www.nzrugby.co.nz/assets/New-Zealand-Rugby-COVID-19-Level-2-Return-to-Changing-Rooms-Guide_27-Feb-2021.pdf
- WRFU’s recommendation for Level Two remains that changing room use should be as limited as possible, and that participants should come ready to train/play and return home to shower
- A reminder that social distancing and the three S’s apply at Level Two. Further information - https://www.nzrugby.co.nz/assets/New-Zealand-Rugby-COVID-19-Level-2-Return-to-Clubroom-Guide_27-Feb-2021.pdf
- At all times please continue to ensure the COVID-19 App QR poster is displayed at your facilities so all participants/visitors can sign in