Revised junior and senior rugby draws have been published to our website, with the below updates and reminders going into the weekend. This advice remains current unless Government advice changes. In this event we will be in touch with clubs ASAP.
If we are going to be able to run club rugby this weekend the community's collective support is imperative.
New Zealand Rugby have published a COVID Level Two Match Day Guide - https://www.nzrugby.co.nz/assets/New-Zealand-Rugby-COVID-19-Level-2-Match-Day-Guide_23-June-2021.pdf.
This provides thorough information on requirements for matches at all levels and we strongly suggest each Club go through this prior to matches tomorrow night or Saturday.
We have successfully run Club Rugby at Level Two (including in pre-season this year) so have good templates on how we can adhere to the relevant regulations. Ultimately, we all have both a collective and individual responsibility to adhere to all regulations including 100 person gathering limits.
For simplicity our suggested messaging Clubs should adopt is:
- Senior Rugby: Host Clubs to liaise with visiting Clubs on plans for this weekend and ways to work collectively.
- Junior Rugby: One parent per child to attend (particularly at U8-11 levels where matches are half-field).
A reminder that Councils have the COVID-19 Contact Tracing App QR codes at each venue. Please ensure participants and spectators use these when entering facilities.
- After careful consideration, we can advise the following for matches that are postponed/cancelled this weekend
- Any grade affected this week will be prioritised in future if we remain at Alert Level Two
- Junior Rugby:
- All Under 6 & Under 7 rippa matches are cancelled and will not be rescheduled
- Senior Rugby:
- All Presidents matches are cancelled and Presidents day will be rescheduled to a later date. Information will be communicated as soon as this has been worked through
- Junior Rugby:
- Please note the draw is subject to further restrictions by councils
As per previous weekends, there will be several matches livestreamed and we will promote these on our Social Media platforms. Additionally, we recommend you visit the relevant club Facebook pages and promote these within your networks if necessary.
- Please remind all team members to scan into venues and to set your 100 bubbles ahead of time which will include players, support crew and VIP spectators.
- Councils will have the NZ COVID Tracer App QR code at all venue entrances.
- WRFU’s recommendation for Level Two remains that changing room use should be as limited as possible, and that participants should come ready to train/play and return home to shower.
Thank you for your patience while we have been working through what the change in Covid-19 Alert levels means for rugby in the region this weekend. We wish you all well for matches this weekend.