Wellington Provincial Union Medical Officer (Doctor)
Wellington Rugby and the Wellington Lions NPC Team are seeking the services of a Medical Officer (Doctor) for 2022. As the Team Doctor you will assist the Wellington Rugby Football Union (PU) as follows:
- Provide medical, injury treatment and rehabilitation, as required, to players in the Bunnings Warehouse National Provincial Championship (NPC);
- Provide fitness preparation services to players the NPC;
- Provide medical services for Wellington Rugby as required by the regulations of World Rugby (WR), New Zealand Rugby and Wellington Rugby, in respect of the competitions within which the PU participates and/or operates.
To apply for this role you will need to meet the following knowledge and experience requirements:
- You will be qualified and registered with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ) to practice as a Doctor in New Zealand;
- You will hold a current advanced Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) qualification;
- You will hold a current World Rugby Immediate Care in Rugby (ICIR) Level 2 or Level 3 qualification;
- You will have experience as a Team Doctor, or Match Day Doctor, in an elite sporting environment (preferably in professional rugby);
- You will have the ability to provide a certificate of good standing from the Medical Council of New Zealand;
- You will have the ability to provide confirmation of appropriate indemnity insurance.
To apply for this role please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Applications close at the 5:00pm on Thursday 23rd June, 2022.