Wellington Lions Performance Analyst Intern
At Wellington Rugby we drive growth, competitiveness, effort and energy.
We are looking for a candidate that is driven and enthusiastic about sports, with a good knowledge of Rugby and its structures. Essential requirements are to be punctual, detailed and a good communicator.
The role starts in July allowing for a buffer time during which the applicant will be expected to familiarise themself with the key responsibilities for the campaign.
In return Wellington Rugby will provide the opportunity to work alongside a world class coaching staff exposing the candidate to learnings which are possible only by fully participating in a high-end sports environment.
To assist the Wellington Lions coaching group and players by providing performance analysis support for previews, reviews, trainings and games.
July – November
Standard working hours will differ throughout the duration of the internship and vary based on the rugby calendar. However, the applicant may expect a minimum commitment of 20h per week in-season. This can be further discussed upon application. The nature of the job may require working extended hours, evenings and weekends.
- Assist staff and players in the use and understanding of performance analysis resources
- Film and code training/games
- Databasing and sharing footage
- M10 home games “End On” filming
- Post-game coding
- Packaging footage for previews
- Generally, assist the head analyst where required
- Good working knowledge operating Apple Mac, IOS and relevant software
- Ability to film high quality footage for performance analysis use
- Previous experience using Hudl Sportscode software is desirable
Skills and Qualifications:
- Has completed or is working towards a degree in Sport Science or related subject
- Excellent IT Skills (Word, Excel, Numbers, Powerpoint, Keynote)
- Good knowledge of Rugby and its structures
Please submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Applications close Tueasday 31st of May 2022. Only successful applicants will be contacted